Monday, July 5, 2010

Die Bilder

That means pictures. Virgil (that's my camera) and I took a 4-hour walk yesterday, and here's what we saw. Note the incredible architecture, oftentimes juxtaposed old and new. This is in fact due to the Allies' prodigious bombing of Berlin in WWII.
I'm also compiling an album of just motorcycle pictures from around the city-- so many fantastic machines. Forthcoming...

I will spend one more afternoon out and about in Berlin, and then I come on home! As always, here's a taste from yesterdays' ramblings:


Der Reichstag. It reads "For the German People"


Brandenburg Gate, complete with Red Cross band playing--what else--Beatles songs



In front of the Berlin Konzerthaus (Concert hall)






p.s. Grandpa-- you were in Berlin once upon a time, yes? Just for a visit (you were stationed in Frankfurt, maybe?) I'd be interested to hear what the city was like only a few years after the war, as opposed to almost half a century...

No comments:

Post a Comment